Monday, February 13, 2012

Recipes

The other day I had someone tell me they would like to see some recipes posted on our blog.  Let me start by saying THANK YOU for the feedback and the ideas!!!   I hope more people start reading the blog and start sending us their feedback! 


This first recipe is so very simple, yet SO VERY DELICIOUS!!!    Let me just warn you that I do not follow recipes and I don't use measurements, which frankly makes it difficult to share recipes.  So I will give you the basics of this and you can tweak it as you like. 


ITALIAN CHICKEN STUFF  (yep, that's how I name my recipes, too - lol )


3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter  spray
1 bag of frozen green beans
1 pkg of dry italian seasoning mix
3 or 4 potatoes (optional)




Place chicken breasts and green beans into the slow cooker.    Unscrew the spray lid on the butter and pour to the 1/2 cup mark of a liquid measuring cup.  Fill the cup with water to the 3/4 mark. (you can use more or less butter spray and more or less water, depending on how you like it)    Mix the dry seasoning mix in with the butter mixture and stir well.  (This is the point where if you want to add potatoes, go ahead and put them in now.  I usually slice them in half when I put them in.  It's delicious either way!)  


Pour the butter mixture over the chicken.  


You can just cook this all day and when you get home from work you have a delicious meal waiting for you!  It doesn't have to be cooked in a slow cooker though, if you prefer, put all of the ingredients in a baking dish, cover with foil, and cook on 350 degrees for about an hour or until everything is juicy and tender!   


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment