Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MMmmmmmmmmm

This soda is fabulous!!!   Wednesday is soda day!!!  And "cheat meal" day.   Why is that?  Because it's weigh day.  And after we weigh we allow ourselves to enjoy those things that we have given up all week in order to become healthier and lighter. 


This last week was very difficult at times.  There were times I was pretty sure one of us (Steph and I) was not going to survive the week.  There were days when I whined and complained and felt sorry for myself and wanted to be selfish.   And I wasn't perfect this week.    But getting on the scale today was much like giving birth. (And not just because Steph was asking for pain meds as soon as we walked through the door) :-)    There was so much waiting and anticipation and anxiety before hand.  But once we saw the number on the scale, then the pain and torture of the week we had just gone through seemed to diminish a bit in our minds.  In fact, we're actually feeling good about being able to survive another one!     


Our team as a whole did very well.  I don't have authority to share the others' numbers, so I won't tell you theirs or a total - but I will very happily tell you that I lost 6 pounds this week and Steph lost 8!!!!    That put us both just under a big milestone we've been fighting with.   I have no doubt that the rest of the weeks aren't going to produce numbers like this - but it does give us motivation to keep going and not lose what we've accomplished. 


That being said - I know some friends of mine who were discouraged by their numbers today.  But don't be.  Everybody's body is different, every week is going to be different.  And, life happens.   As long as we are better off today than we were yesterday.  As long as we are putting forth effort to better ourselves.  As long as we are replacing one unhealthy choice with a healthy choice, then we are accomplishing our goals and we have a huge reason to be proud of ourselves.   And I hope on a day when I'm down on myself that one of you will be kind enough to remind me of this.  And after I cuss at you, I will likely tell you thank you for being a great friend!!!


So, just a few more hours to enjoy the sweet poison of this soda that I love so much - then it's back to square one and back to the whining about not getting it!   Oh yeah, and back on the journey to make my body just a little bit healthier.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. In my defense, I ask for pain meds when I walk through just about any door. :)

    ReplyDelete