Monday, January 30, 2012

A Warrior's Story

We've been blessed to have formed friendships with some pretty amazing people in our lives. And one such person is Brian Hilton....a MMA fighter out of Wichita. He has also had struggles with weight. In fact at one point he weighed 263 pounds and was in the worse shape of his life. 


Here, I'll let Brian take it from there (this is a message from one of our correspondence together, shared with his approval):


"Stephanie, I want to tell you a story about something that had a profound impact on my life about 7 years ago. One day I went to donate plama just because I had some extra time and extra money is never bad. Before I went, I had eaten a sausage biscuit form McDs. Nothing else. No eggs, cheese...nothing. Hours later I went to the lab and they had to bring over a supervisor. They couldnt get any plasma separated from my blood. The supervisor said, "Do you see that cloud stuff in the tube?" "Yes", I said. She mentioned that it was fat...and that I would not be able to donate today. It was too thick, Stephanie. I put that in myself. I was horrified...I will never forget it. How could we put this SHIT in ourselves. They dont care about us. I actually worked with an operations manager in fast food that said "Why do I want to get healthier food? I want people to stay fat and keep coming in!" He was dead serious. I beg you to make a change. Dont let these people define who you are.."

This is Brian now. Still working out hard in the gym...still battling his demons...but not willing to quit!


Brian is a Warrior. Just like we all are. A Warrior is not defined by the war, but defined by the fight you put in it. Every day you gotta' pick yourself up, take the hits life gives you, duck the punches when you can, and counter each of those with our own desires, dreams and power. You've got it all in you. Don't let this war on food...exercise...old habits keep you down. Keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment